Maria Boubouka, Aristidis Falagaras, Sofia Mougiakou, Eugenia Palla
About This Course
Learn how to find, evaluate, reuse and adapt open educational resources through hands-on activities and use cases. Search in the largest OER repositories and get familiar with tools and apps to customize and improve interactivity of your OER.
- How to search for resources in important European and International OER repositories using keywords and metadata
- How to evaluate a resource based on criteria and using well established rubrics
- How to improve the accessibility of an existing resource
- How to edit and make a resource editable
- How to add/improve interactivity
- How to use tools and apps to adapt a resource
Key competences that are promoted by this MOOC are the following:
- Literacy competences. Skills to communicate in a variety of situations and adapt their communication to the situation requirements
- Digital competences include the confidence critical and responsible use of digital technology for learning, the ability to understand opportunities and limitations of the digital environment, to support social inclusion through digital technology, reflective and critical attitude.
- Personal, social, and learning to learn competences: the ability to work and communicate constructively in different environments and to collaborate in teams, express and understand different viewpoints and feel empathy.
- Cultural awareness and expression competences: Having an understanding of and respect for how ideas and meanings are creatively expressed and communicated in different cultures, considering different ways of communicating ideas.
This module relates to the following competence(s) of DigCompEdu Framework:
Area 1: Professional Engagement
- 1.2 Professional collaborationExpert (B2): Using digital technologies for collaborative knowledge construction.
Area 2: Digital Resources
- 2.1 Selecting digital resourcesLeader (C1): Comprehensively identifying and assessing suitable resources, considering all relevant aspects.
- 2.2 Creating & Modifying digital resourcesExpert (B2): Adapting advanced digital resources to a concrete learning context.
- 2.3 Managing, protecting, sharing digital resourcesLeader (C1): Digitally publishing self-created resources.
Area 5: Empowering Learners
- 5.1 Accessibility & inclusionIntegrator (B1): Addressing accessibility and inclusion.
It would be preferable to have already attended “OLA MOOC: What OER are”
- Module 1: Basic Concepts
- Module 2: How to find existing OERs
- Module 3: Which criteria could be used to evaluate OERs
- Module 4: Contextualizing already existing OER
If you successfully complete this course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement. The Certificate is free of charge. To complete this course you must gain a mark of 60% or greater overall to the corresponding set of auto-graded Mini Quizzes integrated in your learning.
Disclaimer and Copyright
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License