About this Course
The current pandemic of COVID-19 urges us to look for other alternatives in education such as teaching/learning online, which necessitates some requirements and tools. This MOOC is intended to introduce you to Open Pedagogy and Blended Education. Open Pedagogy is an essential component of online learning, but also in the classroom.
The same holds true for Blended Education/Learning. Are you interested in learning about Open Pedagogy and Blended Education? Do you want to learn how to construct a scenario/lesson in Open Pedagogy and Blended Education perspectives? Do you want to build and use digital resources and tools in your classroom? Join us in this course, and you will find everything you need.
- Module 1: Open Pedagogy
- Module 2: Blended Education
- Module 3: Open Practice and Open Agent
- Module 4: Journey Planner
- How to use Open Pedagogy to prepare teaching materials/scenarios.
- How to use Blended Education resources to prepare teaching materials/scenarios.
- How to design and promote educational scenarios involving the necessary skills and competences to construct Open Pedagogy and Blended Education scenarios.
- How to use the OLA approach to create non-stereotype materials that are based on Open Pedagogy and Blended Education.
- How to combine Open Pedagogy and Blended Education in classroom.
- How to use Open recourses of online learning in classroom.
- How to use Blended Learning in classroom that promotes face-to-face, online and hybrid learning.
- How to be trained on how to develop and implement OLA scenarios in Open Pedagogy and Blended Learning perspectives.
- How to promote OLA pedagogical approach that promote Literacy competence Digital competencies, Personal, social, and learning to learn competence.
- How to produce/adopt multimodal scenarios in line with OER requirements, the 5 Rs, principles and attributes of Open Pedagogy and Blended Learning.
Course Key Competences (for European Lifelong Learning, 2018)
This MOOC is promoted by a number of key competences including the following:
- Literacy competences, which include the skills to communicate orally and in writing in various situations depending on their skills to understand, and be understood in these situations.
- Digital competences, which include the confident and critical use of digital technological devices available for learning, understanding opportunities and limitations of the digital environment, supporting social inclusion through digital technology, reflective and critical attitude.
- Multilingual Competences, which involve having good repertoire of vocabulary, functional grammar, societal conventions, to be able to understand spoken and written messages to maintain formal, non-formal and intercultural communications.
- Personal, social, and learning to learn competences, which involve the ability to work and communicate constructively in different situations, collaborating in teams, expressing and understanding different perspectives.
- Cultural awareness and expression competences. These competences comprise the ability to understand how ideas and meanings are creatively expressed and communicated in different cultures, how different cultures impose different types of communication.
- Citizenship Competences, which involve knowing basic concepts and phenomena relating to individuals, groups, work organizations, society, etc., critical understanding of the European common values, and the main developments in national, European and world history movements, participating in democratic decision-making at all levels and civic activities, social and cultural diversity, gender equality, etc.
This MOOC incorporates related competences of the DigCompEdu Framework as follows:
Area 1: Professional Engagement
Area 2: Digital Resources
2.1 Selecting Digital Resources
Leader (C1): Identifying & Assessing Suitable Digital Resources.
2.2 Creating & Modifying Digital Resources
Expert (B2): Adapting Advanced Digital Resources to a Concrete Learning Context.
2.3 Managing, Protecting & Sharing Digital Resources
Leader (C1): Digitally Publishing Self-created Resources.
Area 3: Teaching and Learning
3.1 Teaching & Guidance
Leader (C1): Addressing Instruction & Digital Technologies.
3.2 Collaborative & Self-regulated Learning
Expert (B1): Learner Collaboration & Communication.
3.3 Understanding Teaching & Learning.
Integrator (B1): Designing Digital Resources for Teaching.
Area 5: Empowering Learners
Area 6: Facilitating Learners’ Digital Competence
It is preferable that learners enrolling in this MOOC have attended OLA MOOCs: "What OER are", "Re-using existing OER" and "Building and evaluating OER."
A certificate of achievement is provided to you if you successfully complete this course. The Certificate is free of charge. To complete this course, you must obtain at least a mark of 60% in answering the evaluation questionnaires following each Module/Unit.
Course Staff (University of Cyprus)
Disclaimer and Copyright
Every necessary step has been taken to keep all the information on this MOOC timely and accurate. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.